Fresh off joining French Montana on the Bad Boy phenom’s recent ode to R&B Chicks, Wale bounces back with a soulful loosie of his own. As you may have surmised from the title, the Maybach Music signee takes us to church on the freshly-minted MMG Under God. Incorporating fluid guitar keyboard/loops and ecstatic vocal samples, Tone P‘s beat has an uplifting gospel feel. Wale’s braggadocious verses are more on the secular side, but, hey, who says listening to some stellar bars can’t be a spiritual experience? An uncredited ensemble of backing vocalists lend their soaring harmonies to the bridge. This joint is just a loosie, but fans should keep it locked for the latest on the artist’s upcoming, yet-unscheduled Album About Nothing.
Written by richard on 07/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.