Fresh off joining French Montana on the Bad Boy phenom’s recent ode to R&B Chicks, Wale bounces back with a soulful loosie of his own. As you may have surmised from the title, the Maybach Music signee takes us to church on the freshly-minted MMG Under God. Incorporating fluid guitar keyboard/loops and ecstatic vocal samples, Tone P‘s beat has an uplifting gospel feel. Wale’s braggadocious verses are more on the secular side, but, hey, who says listening to some stellar bars can’t be a spiritual experience? An uncredited ensemble of backing vocalists lend their soaring harmonies to the bridge. This joint is just a loosie, but fans should keep it locked for the latest on the artist’s upcoming, yet-unscheduled Album About Nothing.
Written by richard on 07/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.