Fresh off joining French Montana on the Bad Boy phenom’s recent ode to R&B Chicks, Wale bounces back with a soulful loosie of his own. As you may have surmised from the title, the Maybach Music signee takes us to church on the freshly-minted MMG Under God. Incorporating fluid guitar keyboard/loops and ecstatic vocal samples, Tone P‘s beat has an uplifting gospel feel. Wale’s braggadocious verses are more on the secular side, but, hey, who says listening to some stellar bars can’t be a spiritual experience? An uncredited ensemble of backing vocalists lend their soaring harmonies to the bridge. This joint is just a loosie, but fans should keep it locked for the latest on the artist’s upcoming, yet-unscheduled Album About Nothing.
Written by richard on 07/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.