Nothing Feels quite as Good as being reunited with an old friend; when said friend comes bearing dope music, of course, that only sweetens the deal. Not glimpsed on our pages since dropping off I Shoulda Tried Harder back in January, reader fave Wax takes a break from his busy tour schedule to catch up with his homies in the Booth by way of a new single. A candid chronicle of the hustle, this EOM-produced cut initially feels a little more serious than the artist’s usual fare, but Wax’s off-the-wall humor does make several notable appearances. How many other emcees would begin a 16 by announcing, “Yo, I wrote this verse while sittin’ on the toilet!”? Anderson Paak, the recording artist formerly known as Breezy Lovejoy, provides a mellow guest chorus, and an unknown director’s official visuals round out the package. Featuring Feels Good and much more, Continue… is available now in stores and online. Wax is currently on the road, and will be through the end of the year. Click here to learn when he’ll be visiting a city near you.
Written by richard on 10/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music and Liquor" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.