Connecticut buzzmaker Witty has never been shy about putting his deepest emotions down on wax—and he’s won rave Booth reviews for his trouble. To paraphrase a cliché, though, a video is worth, like, a million words. So it should come as no surprise that the unsigned buzzmaker’s first-ever set of visuals, directed by Mike Squires, makes album title track Kindest Regards all the more powerful. Dan Haynes mans the boards on this stirring jam, crafting a subtly driving piano beat to back the artist as he spits about the pain of being betrayed by those closest to him, and promises never to turn his back on his fans. Kindest Regards (the LP) is available now online. Additionally, fans should keep it locked for the latest on follow-up Dreaming With My Eyes Open, scheduled to drop before year’s end.
Written by richard on 07/29/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.