What do you get when you mix Adele with The Beatles, and marinate that combo in a savory sauce of contemporary hip-hop? Frankly, I don’t have the slightest idea—but, according to the Los Angeles singer/songwriter/producer’s self-description on Facebook, that’s what xlsrebelsx is trying to achieve with his debut solo EP. Whether or not he manages to pull off that formidable feat of musical alchemy, the results are bound to be interesting, and new single Sinnaman is a case in point. Here, the headliner showcases his talents on both sides of the boards, hooking up with co-producer T-Nasty to craft a ramshackle blues backdrop (complete with children’s choir) for his irreverent, carnival barker-esque vocal performance. West Coast emcee/producer Blu lends his left-of-center lyricism to the middle verse. If you like what you’re hearing, you’ll be able to cop Sinnaman tomorrow as part of xlsrebelsx’s debut EP, Desire. In the meantime, you can click here to view an EPK for the project’s lead single, Hey Chicc.
Written by richard on 06/3/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.