Being (or thinking you are) God ain’t all it’s cracked up to be. Sure, you have awesome powers, but you’ve also got the Heaviest Cross to bear. Having tackled the positive side of deityhood on his lead mixtape single, South Bronx spitter YC the Cynic dedicates the latest release off the project to the job’s more disheartening side. Over Frank Duke‘s lumbering, brass-laced rhythm section, the rapper bemoans the lack of appreciation he receives for his magnanimity: “I’m only expanding the human brain / I only brought love to the human race. / I only brought joy to the underpaid / Your website rating was under eight?!” Frequent collaborator Oliver Eid returns to direct the joint’s official visuals. If you agree that YC isn’t getting the praise and worship he deserves, show him a little love in the comments section—and, of course, pick up a copy of his recently-released GNK LP.
Written by richard on 09/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Superman" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.