Thanks to the short winter days, Yo Dot‘s hometown has been looking a little gloomy lately. But the Milwaukee rhymesayer isn’t tripping—after all, he came up in the streets where the sun Never Shines. On this newly-released loosie, an outtake from his forthcoming EP, the artist reminisces about a childhood on the wrong side of the tracks. With Regular Joe Productions’ icy keyboard loops as his canvas, Dot describes his growth from a young’n stealing bikes on the Southside to a full-fledged (and eventually incarcerated) hustler. On the back, he offers a few words of hope and encouragement to friends who are still in the joint. While Never Shines, as mentioned above, won’t be included Dot’s next project, it should leave fans even more excited for what did make the cut. Featuring November’s reader-acclaimed I’m on It and much more, A Winter’s Ration is scheduled for digital release January 22.
Written by richard on 01/9/14
Submit your Rating
Umbrella Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Just Trying to Live" (2012)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.