Thanks to the short winter days, Yo Dot‘s hometown has been looking a little gloomy lately. But the Milwaukee rhymesayer isn’t tripping—after all, he came up in the streets where the sun Never Shines. On this newly-released loosie, an outtake from his forthcoming EP, the artist reminisces about a childhood on the wrong side of the tracks. With Regular Joe Productions’ icy keyboard loops as his canvas, Dot describes his growth from a young’n stealing bikes on the Southside to a full-fledged (and eventually incarcerated) hustler. On the back, he offers a few words of hope and encouragement to friends who are still in the joint. While Never Shines, as mentioned above, won’t be included Dot’s next project, it should leave fans even more excited for what did make the cut. Featuring November’s reader-acclaimed I’m on It and much more, A Winter’s Ration is scheduled for digital release January 22.
Written by richard on 01/9/14
Submit your Rating
Umbrella Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Just Trying to Live" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.