Update: We have added visuals for Yo Gotti’s Cold Blood single.
Yo Gotti may be on his King Sh*t, but he paid a heavy price for the crown. On newly-released single Cold Blood, the Memphis representative reflects on the street life’s tendency to turn young hustlers’ hearts to stone, flowing over a sample from The 24 Carat Black’s classic Poverty’s Paradise. First in Flight State heavyweight J. Cole recounts a homie’s tragic downfall in a show-stealing second verse. In addition to handling production, Canei Finch steps out from behind the boards to deliver the cut’s understated hook. I Am is now available in record stores and online retailers, as of November 19.
Written by richard on 02/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.