If you're new around here, every week we round up the most-played hip-hop songs on Spotify. With thousands upon thousands of new hip-hop songs released weekly, you might expect a decent deal of turnover from week to week, but you'd be wrong.
If you're looking for the BEST music on Spotify (and everywhere else) this week, look no further than our 10 New Songs You Need to Hear series. But for those interested in seeing where the biggest stars' biggest hits are hitting big, hit the damn scroll button.
This week, two new songs enter the coveted top 10, and (surprise!) both are from Migos: Offset's "Ric Flair Drip" re-enters after a week hiatus, and Culture II's Drake-assisted "Walk It Talk It" walks in, propelled further by its incredible music video.
Before we take a look at the complete list, a few friendly observations:
- "God's Plan" has not only crossed the 500-million stream mark on Spotify, it continues to break records. It's now the fifth song in U.S. history to spend it's first 10 weeks at No. 1 on Billboard's Hot 100 and makes Drake the first solo male lead artist to have multiple 10-week runs at the top of the charts.
- For the first time since we began publishing this chart, Post Malone's "rockstar" has failed to reach the top 10. Luckily for Post, his Beerbongs & Bentleys follow-up single "Psycho" is holding strong at No. 2 and just passed 200 million streams.
- Four artists (Drake, Post Malone, XXXTentacion, Migos) appear on seven of the 10 songs on this week's chart.
The List (all-time streams):
- Drake "God's Plan" (528M)
- Post Malone "Psycho" (ft. Ty Dolla $ign) (205M)
- XXXTentacion "SAD!" (118M)
- BlocBoy JB "Look Alive" (ft. Drake) (160M)
- Lil Dicky "Freaky Friday" (ft. Chris Brown) (48.7M)
- Rich The Kid "Plug Walk" (56.9M)
- XXXTentacion "Moonlight" (42.8M)
- Kendrick Lamar "All The Stars" (with SZA) (281M)
- Offset & Metro Boomin "Ric Flair Drip" (220M)
- Migos "Walk It Talk It" (ft. Drake) (70.4M)