As we do each and every week, it's time to look at the most-played songs on Spotify to gauge the biggest hits in hip-hop right now.
If you want the BEST music each week, head over to our 10 New Songs You Need to Hear series. If you want the biggest of the big, stick around.
In case you weren't aware, there's a new J. Cole album out today, and, as we found out this week, there are new albums from Drake, Kanye, Kanye and Kid Cudi, Pusha T, and Teyana Taylor coming soon. There's a lot to be excited about.
Unfortunately, none of that matters here, because the most popular songs in hip-hop are all the same songs that were popular last week (albeit in a slightly different order).
Before we take a look at the complete list, a few friendly observations:
- Drake's upcoming album, Scorpion, is already eligible for Gold certification based on the streaming strength of lead singles "God's Plan" and "Nice For What." No surprise as the latter holds onto the top spot for a second straight week.
- Multicultural anthem "I Like It" hasn't been able to surpass streaming dominance from Drake or Post Malone, but it's easily the most popular track from Cardi B's potential-hit-filled debut Invasion of Privacy, already garnering more streams than the album's prior single, "Be Careful."
- Even if they don't make next week's list, both Lil Dicky's "Freaky Friday" and Migos' "Walk It Talk It" will top the 100-million stream mark in the next few days.
The List (all-time streams):
- Drake "Nice For What" (76.1M)
- Drake "God's Plan" (607M)
- Post Malone "Psycho" (ft. Ty Dolla $ign) (264M)
- Cardi B "I Like It" (w/ Bad Bunny & J Balvin) (33.7M)
- BlocBoy JB "Look Alive" (ft. Drake) (203M)
- XXXTentacion "SAD!" (163M)
- Rich The Kid "Plug Walk" (88.7M)
- Lil Dicky "Freaky Friday" (ft. Chris Brown) (97.2M)
- Migos "Walk It Talk It" (ft. Drake) (99.4M)
- Cardi B "Be Careful" (30.1M)