Domination. That is the only way to characterize Post Malone's opening week on the world's most popular streaming platform following the release of his sophomore album, beerbongs & bentleys.
One week after J. Cole took control of the 10 most-played hip-hop songs on Spotify, the Dreamville head honcho is nowhere to be found in the highest echelon of the streaming juggernaut's play counts. In fact, only one other artist can be found. Other than Drake's chart-topping hit "Nice For What," Malone currently holds every spot in the top 10.
beerbongs & bentleys might sound a bit humdrum, but millions of people are certainly eating that shit up. For the full list of the nine most popular songs on beerbongs & bentleys, scroll down.
Polo Perks Is Building a Future From Pieces of the Past
We talk to the Surf Gang artist about microdosing alternative music in his raps.
Reminder: if you want the BEST music each week, head over to our 10 New Songs You Need to Hear series.
Before we take a look at the complete list, a few friendly observations:
- Post Malone is very popular.
- Drake's "Nice For What" is the only hip-hop song powerful enough to keep Post Malone's popularity in check.
- "Better Now" is (clearly) going to be a hit.
The List (all-time streams):
- Post Malone "Better Now" (34.4M)
- Post Malone "Psycho" (ft. Ty Dolla $ign) (323M)
- Post Malone "Paranoid" (27.1M)
- Post Malone "Spoil My Night" (ft. Swae Lee) (21.9)
- Post Malone "Rich & Sad" (21.2M)
- Drake "Nice For What" (144M)
- Post Malone "Stay" (20.7M)
- Post Malone "Over Now" (19.3M)
- Post Malone "Ball For Me" (ft. Nicki Minaj) (18.7M)
- Post Malone "Zack and Codeine" (18.6M)