While two newcomers join the list of the top 10 most-played hip-hop songs on Spotify this week, the main story is, of course, the continued dominance of Drake. After spending last week at No. 1, Childish Gambino's "This Is America" slides to No. 2, while Drake's "Nice For What" returns to the top slot, one of the superstar's four placements on the chart.
Those two newcomers: Lil Baby, Quality Control's latest rising star from Atlanta who is currently riding the strength of the coveted Drake feature, and Juice WRLD, a Chicago native and Interscope signee whose breakout song "All Girls Are the Same" has now been succeeded in popularity by its follow-up single "Lucid Dreams."
Before we take a look at the complete list, a few friendly observations:
- In just 10 days time, Lil Baby's "Yes Indeed," taken from his recently released Harder Than Ever project, is less than one million plays away from being the rapper's most-played song on Spotify. The Drake cosign is alive and well.
- In basically four months time, Juice WRLD has risen from relative obscurity to one of the fastest-rising acts on Spotify with his brand of melodic emo-rap. "Lucid Dreams," the lead single from his major label debut, Goodbye & Good Riddance (released this week), racked up 18 million streams on Spotify and charted at No. 74 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Despite the notability of newcomers, Drake and Post Malone continue to dominate Spotify, locking down four and three spots on this week's chart, respectively.
The List (all-time streams):
- Drake "Nice For What" (236M)
- Childish Gambino "This Is America" (56.3M)
- Lil Baby "Yes Indeed" ft. Drake (22.2M)
- Post Malone "Better Now" (139M)
- Post Malone "Psycho" ft. Ty Dolla $ign (402M)
- Drake "God's Plan" (748M)
- BlocBoy JB "Look Alive" ft. Drake (279M)
- Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin "I Like It" (136M)
- Juice WRLD "Lucid Dreams" (18M)
- Post Malone "rockstar" ft. 21 Savage (1B)