Is it possible that the Pusha-T beef might have exposed a few cracks in Drake's armor? Probably not, at least when it comes to Spotify streaming numbers, but for the first time in months, and after dominating last week, the Toronto superstar seems to have let loose his firm grasp on this chart.
Taking over the top spot is Kanye West, one week removed from the release of his beautiful mess, ye, while Juice WRLD, Lil Baby, Post Malone, Cardi B, Childish Gambino, and, of course, Drake, round out the top 10.
Before we take a look at the complete list, a few friendly observations:
- Battling through his own arrogance and a fanbase at odds with his behavior over his past few months of public activity, Kanye's opening week success has proven that people are still listening. "All Mine" was the most-played song on Spotify last week, and along with "Ghost Town" and "Yikes," he holds down three of the top five spots. As HitsDailyDouble reports, Kanye is now the seventh-ranked artist for most single-week streams from one album, across all streaming platforms.
- After holding the top spot and four total last week, Drake makes just two entries in the top 10. "Nice For What" slides to No. 4, while "God's Plan" and BlocBoy JB's "Look Alive" miss the cut entirely. After four months of publishing this chart on a weekly basis, it's shocking to not see "God's Plan" for the first time since its release.
The List (all-time streams):
- Kanye West "All Mine" (27.4M)
- Juice WRLD "Lucid Dreams" (53.1M)
- Kanye West "Ghost Town" (22.9M)
- Drake "Nice For What" (286M)
- Kanye West "Yikes" (23.3M)
- Lil Baby "Yes Indeed" ft. Drake (54.1M)
- Post Malone "Better Now" (199M)
- Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin "I Like It" (178M)
- Post Malone "Psycho" ft. Ty Dolla $ign (438M)
- Childish Gambino "This Is America" (124M)