Most-played has gone global. After some careful thought and realization of the obvious—that hip-hop is a global genre only trending further in that direction—we've decided to reflect that nature by retooling this chart in order of global weekly stream counts, not U.S.-only.
As such, while the inclusions in this list of the most popular hip-hop songs on Spotify over the past week are mostly the same as a U.S.-only version, you'll notice some slight tweaks in order. Mainly: Cardi B now holds down a top-three spot. I like it.
As the Scorpion dust settles, Drake continues to reign over 50% of this week's top 10, joined by Juice WRLD, XXXTENTACION, Post Malone, and Tyga, who returns after a couple weeks of falling just short. "Taste" is the real deal.
Before we take a look at the complete list, a few friendly observations:
- "In My Feelings," obviously a runaway success, surged an incredible 68 MILLION streams over the past seven days.
- Drake has passed a few additional milestones, as "Don't Matter To Me" tops the 100-million mark, "Nice For What" tops the 400-million mark, and "God's Plan" surpasses 900 million streams, the second record in his catalog to do so following "One Dance," which currently sits at 1.5 billion streams.
- Juice WRLD's "Wasted" with Lil Uzi Vert might not have cracked this week's list as I had predicted, but as "Lucid Dreams" has now surpassed 200 million streams, I imagine the Chicago artist is still having a good week.
The List (all-time streams):
- Drake "In My Feelings" (141M)
- Drake "Don't Matter To Me" ft. Michael Jackson (106M)
- Cardi B "I Like It" w/ Bad Bunny & J Balvin (335M)
- Juice WRLD "Lucid Dreams" (209M)
- XXXTENTACION "SAD!" (428M)
- Tyga "Taste" ft. Offset (140M)
- Post Malone "Better Now" (357M)
- Drake "Nonstop" (94M)
- Drake "God's Plan" (914M)
- Drake "Nice For What" (408M)