Thousands of new songs are released every week, yet the most popular songs tend to belong to a very exclusive club of artists.
And so, while we say goodbye to Kanye West and say hello to Lil Baby and Gunna in this installment of our weekly chart of the most-played hip-hop songs on Spotify, most of the characters are the same.
As always, if you'd prefer the best new songs this week, head to 10 New Songs You Need This Week.
Before we take a look at the complete list, a few friendly observations:
- "Drip Harder" has crossed the 100 million streams. This marks the first time Gunna has accomplished the feat and the second time Lil Baby has done so, following "Yes Indeed" (247M) earlier this year.
- XXXTENTACION's "SAD!" has become the first song from the controversial late rapper—who confessed to domestic abuse and other violent crimes in a newly obtained secret recording by Pitchfork following his death—to top 700 million streams.
- While Swae Lee's Swaecation failed to make much of a commercial splash, the more melodic half of Rae Sremmurd is strengthening his case as one of hip-hop's premiere hired guns. This week alone, Swae's vocals can be heard on three of the five most-played hip-hop songs in the world ("Sunflower," "Arms Around You," "SICKO MODE").
The List (all-time streams):
- Bad Bunny "MIA" ft. Drake (135M)
- Post Malone & Swae Lee "Sunflower (Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse)" (78M)
- XXXTENTACION & Lil Pump "Arms Around You" ft. Swae Lee & Maluma (50.9M)
- Kodak Black "ZEZE" ft. Travis Scott & Offset (98.4M)
- Travis Scott "SICKO MODE" (293M)
- Sheck Wes "Mo Bamba" (150M)
- Juice WRLD "Lucid Dreams" (527M)
- XXXTENTACION "SAD!" (703M)
- Lil Baby & Gunna "Drip Too Hard" (102M)
- Lil Peep & XXXTentacion "Falling Down" (145M)
For more sponsored hip-hop video content like this, subscribe to the ADM YouTube channel here.