It's the moment you've all been waiting for. No, Outkast didn't reunite and drop a new album. No, that Rihanna sex tape hasn't leaked. Even better. It's the Best of the Booth Award Winners!
Let's be honest, the Grammys haven't exactly done the best job figuring out hip-hop's most worthy music, so we had to step in and do music awards the right way. For six years now, the Best of the Booth awards have put aside all the politics that drags down other awards to simply focus on the year's best music - guess who named J. Cole the Best New Artist...in 2010? - and now, after weeks of voting, we're ready to announce our winners!
Over the next few days, we'll be announcing the winners for each category, including both the reader's pick and the staff pick winners. We guarantee no other yearly music award line-up will look like this. http://djbooth.net/news/entry/best-hip-hop-song-2014-mainstream
- Best Hip Hop Song - Mainstream | Winners: Big K.R.I.T. "Mt. Olympus" & Kendrick Lamar "i"
- Best Hip Hop Song - Unsigned/Indie | Winners: Tech N9ne "Fragile" & Mursday "Here"
- Best R&B/Pop Song - Mainstream | Winners: Ty Dolla $ign "Or Nah" & Raleigh Ritchie "Stronger"
- Best R&B/Pop Song - Unsigned/Indie | Winners: Ryattfeinix "Suicide" & Raury "Cigarette Song"
- Best Hip-Hop Album - Mainstream | Winners: K.R.I.T. Cadillactica & J. Cole Forest Hills Drive
- Best Hip-Hop Album - Indie | Winners: Mursday Mursday & Run the Jewels Run the Jewels 2
- Best Non Hip-Hop Album | Winners: Jhene Aiko Souled Out & Sam Smith In the Lonely Hour
- Best New Artist | Winner: Mick Jenkins
- Best Producer | Winners: El-P & Statik Selektah
- Best Emcee | Winners: Big K.R.I.T. & Killer Mike