This week, I do a quick review of both Wale and Ludacris' new albums, break open the Illuminati vault again to explain why the days of free music may be ending soon and bring on DJ Hoppa to talk about Funk Volume, the art of DJing and his new album.
Discussed This Week:
- As always, shouts to Tino for that dope theme song. You should follow Tino and hear Tino’s story in full on the podcast.
- Shout out to this week's sponsor Cinnaholic, who aren't actually a sponsor, but I'm hoping will hook ya boy up with some free cinnamon rolls if I plug them.
- I review Wale's new The Album About Nothing, which of course has to also tackle the whole "Is Wale an asshole?" thing, and talk about Ludacris' new Ludaversal album, coming up with a pretty sweet side chick/main chick analogy in the process.
- I once again risk the wrath of the Illuminati to talk about the major labels' plans to kill all free streaming.
- I bring on one of hip-hop's truly good people, DJ Hoppa, to talk about rapper friends, how he got connected with Hopsin and Funk Volume, when DJing goes wrong and much more. Hoppa's got a new album out, Hoppa & Friends, that you should definitely check out.
- This week's closing song, Wale's "Middle Finger," which I'm pretty sure is a middle finger to me but is also a great song.
- The podcast is also on iTunes, SoundCloud, Podomatic and now, Stitcher! So yeah, it's kind of a big deal.
[Nathan S. is the managing editor of The DJBooth and a hip-hop writer. He also occasionally talks in podcast form and appears on RevoltTV. His beard is awesome. This is his Twitter.]