There are only two certainties in life, death and taxes...the "This Week in Hype" podcast is completely optional...which is why it's so much better than either death or taxes. You know what I'm trying to say; I made a thing, just listen to it.
This week, if you'd like to hear a man have a mid-life crisis brought on by filing his taxes and realizing he's going to leave his children with absolutely no inheritance besides a rap podcast, youre in luck! Oh, and I also talk to Bodega Bamz about his new album, NYC rap, why there aren't more superstar Latino rappers, his relationship to A$AP Yams and more.
Discussed This Week:
Summer Walker, La Même Gang & ArrDee: Best Songs of the Week
The best songs of the week on Audiomack belong to Summer Walker, La Même Gang, ArrDee, and more.
- As always, shouts to Tino for that dope theme song. You should follow Tino and hear Tino’s story in full on the podcast.
- Hey, we might actually have a real, for-real sponsor, Freeway's Best Beard Cream. For real. How great is that?
- Oh, you thought I was kidding before? Seriously, I'm about to write this check to the IRS and I have a little melt down about what I'm doing with my life. Good times!
- Also though, Yelawolf's new album, Love Story, is excellent.
- I didn't originally intend to put my interview with Bodega Bamz on the podcast and keep things strictly written, but that dude is so NYC I had to let you hear his voice. He sounds like a young Dame Dash. Along the way we talk about New York's new generation, Latino rap, his relationship with the A$AP Mob and the late great Yams and much more.
- This week's closing song, Yelawolf's "Devil in My Veins," because it's awesome.
- The podcast is also on iTunes, SoundCloud, Podomatic and now, Stitcher! So yeah, it's kind of a big deal.
[Nathan S. is the managing editor of The DJBooth and a hip-hop writer. He also occasionally talks in podcast form and appears on RevoltTV. His beard is awesome. This is his Twitter.]