Boy, the "This Week in Hype" podcast really escalated quickly. I mean, it really got out of hand fast. It jumped up a notch. There's been horses, a man on fire, I killed a guy with a trident. I should find myself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while.
This week, I devote the entire episode to my recent conversation with Tech N9ne, the audio was just too good to let it go unheard. We talk about how his new Special Effects album took a dark turn, how the metal community has embraced him more openly than hip-hop, his bond with Krizz Kaliko, his need to break barriers and much more.
Discussed This Week:
Lil Nas X, Lil Tecca, & Alina Baraz: Best of the Week
Lil Nas X, Lil Tecca, Alina Baraz, and more, all had the best new songs on Audiomack this week.
- As always, shouts to Tino for that dope theme song. You should follow Tino and hear Tino’s story in full on the podcast.
- It's official tissue! Freeway's Best Beard Cream is the official sponsor of the podcast. Stay tuned next week when I bring on Freeway to talk about beards, his love of Duck Takes and much more. #Beardgang
- I wrote about my interview with Tech N9ne, this is the director's cut, every second of our 30 minute conversation. By the time I hung up the phone with him I was feeling so inspired, so ready to attack the world, that I felt like it'd be selfish to hold all that audio goodness to myself. Enjoy.
- This week's closing track, Tech's "Speedom" because fuck, sometimes you just need that real rappity rap.
- The podcast is also on iTunes, SoundCloud, Podomatic and now, Stitcher! So yeah, it's kind of a big deal.
[Nathan S. is the managing editor of The DJBooth and a hip-hop writer. He also occasionally talks in podcast form and appears on RevoltTV. His beard is awesome. This is his Twitter.]