We're listening to the "This Week in Hype" podcast in a stolen cop car with what is sure to be a missing child in the back. What part of this is cool?
This week, I go guest-free, finally bit the bullet and answer the question I've always avoided: who are your top five emcees of all-time? I'm never doing this again, so strap in (figuratively speaking) for a very special edition.
Discussed This Week:
- As always, shouts to Tino for that dope theme song. You should follow Tino and hear Tino’s story in full on the podcast.
- Freeway's Best Beard Cream is now the official sponsor of the podcast, and we're hooking you up! Tweet or Instagram a pic of your beard with #BestBeard. At the end of the month the best beard will win an awesome care package.
- Yes, I know "who are your top five favorite rappers of all-time" is the most played out question anyone could possibly ask you, that's why I'd always avoided it. BUT....if you're a hip-hop journalist, you should probably answer it at least once, right? So I sweat through the selection process, pick my five and learn a little something about myself and music along the way. And no, I'm not going to write it out here, you're gonna have to listen suckers.
- This week's closing track, Outkast's "So Fresh, So Clean" because do you need a reason?
- The podcast is also on iTunes, SoundCloud, Podomatic and now, Stitcher! So yeah, it's kind of a big deal.
[Nathan S. is the managing editor of The DJBooth and a hip-hop writer. He also occasionally talks in podcast form and appears on RevoltTV. His beard is awesome. This is his Twitter.]