Are you near a dance floor? If not, you might want to head towards one before pressing play on "Good Thing," the latest episode release from Chicago hip-hop duo theWHOevers' forthcoming project.
The laid-back vibes on this eighth installment in their biweekly Marathon series have a perfect amount of groove for your late-night summer enjoyment.
Also, while the record is referring to one good thing in particular (ladies?), J. Arthur (who produced the song) and DotKom have kindly provided us with a list of their essential "Good Things for a Chicago Summer:"
1. SUMMER KICKS - You can bust out all the fly jawns you bought in the fall and winter time that you found on sale or just came up lucky on and just stunt and style on 'em on your daily avenue stroll.
2. SUMMER DANCE @ Grant Park - If you haven't been to one of these events yet I highly suggest you go. Straight up vibes in the park. BYOB and get loose on the outside dance floor to Live tunes ranging from Salsa to Classic Chicago House Music.
3. BRING THE BIKES OUT - Go the distance and sweat it out a little bit on a nice bike ride to the lake. Regardless of what side of the City you're on.
4. 3 AM BEACH VIBES - Fuck the beach during the daily operation hours! Way too many people for my liking. Bring that special someone or a group of the homies and just kick back and watch the waves in the dark. My kinda vibes no doubt. Dodge the Beach Police at all costs!
5. SUNDRESSES - Fellas do I even have to explain? Whether you're downtown shoppin' or at the festivals every weekend in all the neighborhoods. Thank you ladies.
1) LAKESHORE - Whether it's walking along the water, bike riding or driving, shit never gets old. This city is ahead of its time.
2) SUMMER FESTIVALS - Every weekend we have a festival in a different part of town. It really shows you the different vibes and culture each neighborhood has to offer.
3) FOOD - From Chicago pizza to hotdogs to various restaurants, Chicago has the best food in the entire world!!!!
4) SHOWS/ CONCERTS - Lollapooza, PitchFork, and lots of venues always have amazing artists visiting. Also some music venues in Chicago are pretty great.
5) CHILLING WITH YOUR HONEYDIP - Everything is more fun with a female.
Whether you're a Chi-Town resident in need of a friendly suggestion or a potential out of town guest looking to make the best travel plans, theWHOevers have you covered.