DJBooth.net has partnered with EPIC Records and Audiomack.com to host the Casey Veggies "Tied Up" Remix Contest.
A full breakdown of all the rules and regulations can be found below, but in short the producer behind the winning contest entry will receive a prize pack from EPIC Records, be featured on the homepages of both DJBooth.net and Audiomack.com, and receive a shout out and social support from Casey Veggies across all of his social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
Head over to Audiomack to download a ZIP file containing all of the original song stems. Good luck!
In a related story, EPIC Records has announced that Veggie's major label debut, Live & Grow, will be released on September 25.
Update (8/10/15): This contest is now CLOSED. A winner will be announced shortly.
The “Casey Veggies ‘Tied Up’ Remix Contest” OFFICIAL RULES
The “Casey Veggies ‘Tied Up’ Remix Contest” (the “Contest”) may only be entered in or from the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding territories and possessions) (collectively, the “Contest Territory”). Entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the Contest Territory.
1. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the Contest Territory who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of July 20, 2015. Void outside of the Contest Territory, and where prohibited, including, but not limited to, where restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Sony Music Entertainment (“Sponsor”), Audiomack, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Contest materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to enter.
2. Submission Period. Contest entries will be accepted between 12:00 p.m. ET on July 20, 2015 and 2:00 p.m. ET on August 7, 2015 (“Submission Period”).
3. How to Enter. To enter the Contest, entrants must create a three (3) minute long audio remix (the “Remix”) of Casey Veggies’ single, “Tied Up” (the “Song”) by using the audio stems available on audiomack.com (“Stems”). Entrants must then upload their Remix to www.audiomack.com. All entrants must be registered users of www.audiomack.com.
ONE ENTRY PER PERSON. If multiple entries are received by the same entrant, only the first entry submitted by that entrant will qualify for entry into the Contest; subsequent entries submitted by that entrant shall be disqualified. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges, and these Official Rules and to comply with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Sponsor and those working for Sponsor or on behalf of Sponsor, will not be responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified. Entries which are mutilated, inaccurate, forged, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules are void. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the individual who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account from which the entry originates. The "Authorized Account Holder" is the natural person to whom an email address is assigned by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
4. Submission Materials. For purposes of these Official Rules, the Song, Stems and/or portions thereof, will be referred to herein as “SME Content” while all other original content of the Remix shall be referred to herein as the “Submission Materials”. Immediately upon submission, Submission Materials become the property of SME and will not be acknowledged or returned. The Submission Materials shall not include any viruses, worms, spyware, Trojan horses, malware, or other computer programming routines that may damage or detrimentally interfere with any computer or other device.
(a) Regarding the Submission Materials, (i) You represent and warrant that, with the exception of SME Content: (A) all contents of Submission Materials are wholly original, have been created entirely by you, have not been taken in whole or in part from any source other than you and do not incorporate or include anything that is owned by any third party or would require the consent of any third party; (B) you own and/or control 100% of all right, title and interest in and to the Submission Materials, as well as all elements contained therein; (C) the Submission Materials do not and shall not violate any law or the copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right, or any other right of any third party; (D) the Submission Materials, or any part thereof, have not been commercially released; and (E) you have the written consent, release and/or permission of each and every participant in the Submission Materials to participate in the Submission Materials as contemplated by these Official Rules; and (ii) You agree that the Submission Materials shall be a "work made for hire," with all rights therein, including, without limitation, the exclusive copyright, being the property of SME. In the event the Submission Materials and/or portions thereof are considered not to be a "work made for hire," you irrevocably assign to Sponsor all rights, title, and interests in your entry (including, without limitation, the copyright) in any and all media whether now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, anywhere in the world, with the right to make any and all uses thereof, including, without limitation, for purposes of advertising or trade.
(b) The Submission Materials may not contain references which are obscene, crude, vulgar or defamatory; contain gang identification, references to commercial products, license plate numbers, phone numbers, personal addresses (physical or email), Website URLs, derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups; contain references to illegal or inappropriate activity, behavior or conduct; or contain any other references that could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
(c) By providing Submission Materials in connection with this Contest, you grant to Sponsor and its affiliated companies the right, except where prohibited by law, to use your Submission Materials, your name, likeness, picture, address (city and state), e-mail address, voice, biographical information, entry form information and written and oral statements, for advertising and promotional purposes in promoting or publicizing the Submission Materials, SME and its products and services, without compensation unless required by law. You shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of the Submission Materials, your name, picture, likeness, address (city and state), e-mail address, or biographical information. The rights granted under this paragraph shall extend to Sponsor and its affiliated companies with respect to all entrants in the Contest, including the entrant who is selected as the winner and those entrants who are not selected as the winner. SME is under no obligation to use the Submission Materials for any purpose. You hereby represent and warrant that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age, that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with their contents. By entering, you agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges and these Official Rules and to comply with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
(d) BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, ENTRANT REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SUBMISSION MATERIALS THAT HE/SHE (I) EXPRESSLY AGREES TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES; AND (II) PROVIDES HIS/HER EXPRESS PERMISSION TO APPEAR IN THE SUBMISSION MATERIALS.
5. Selection of Winner. Beginning on or about August 7, 2015, a team of judges composed of Sponsor employees will select one (1) grand prize winner (the “Winner”) by ranking the Remixes on the basis of the following criteria: originality (40%), creativity (30%) and remix composition (30%) (collectively, “Judging Criteria”). The Winner shall be the entrant whose Remix receives the highest overall score. In the event of a tie, the Winner shall be the person whose Remix receives the highest score on originality. The decision of the judges shall be final and binding in all regards.
Sponsor reserves the right to modify or extend the Submission Period or not to award any portion of the Prize (as defined below in Section 6.) in the event an insufficient number of eligible entries meeting the minimal Judging Criteria are received during the Submission Period or for any other reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
The Winner will be notified via email. If the Winner cannot be contacted within three (3) calendar day of first notification attempt, if the Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if the Winner rejects the Prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Upon Prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
6. Prizes. One (1) Winner will receive a Casey Veggies Live & Grow Prize Pack, including:
- One (1) “Live & Grow” pair of PUMA sneakers;
- One (1) Casey Veggies t-shirt;
- One (1) Download Card for “Tied Up”; and
- One (1) Live & Grow poster.
The approximate retail value of all Prizes combined (the “Prize(s)”) is Three Hundred Dollars ($300.00 USD) which may vary depending on the time of award. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. Prizes may not be sold, bartered or transferred. The approximate retail value of the Prizes represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the Prize turns out to be less than the stated approximate retail value, the difference will not be awarded in cash. If for any reason a portion or whole Prize cannot be awarded, Sponsor reserves the right to award a Prize of equal, comparable or greater value, or to pay Winner a cash equivalent (the value of which shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion).
Winner must be at least eighteen (18) years of age as of July 20, 2015. Winner (and his/her parent or legal guardian if Winner is under the age of majority in the state in which he or she resides) will be required to sign, have notarized and return to Sponsor, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release (and any other documents required by Sponsor), within five (5) calendar days of Prize notification. Winner will also be required to send a copy of his/her passport, driver’s license or birth certificate as proof of age and residency. The Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release must be complete, must include the Winner’s social security or resident alien identification number, and must be identical to the information provided in Winner's entry or the Winner will be disqualified. If the Winner rejects his/her Prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon Prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
By accepting the Prize, Winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (“Released Parties”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of Prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Released Parties are not responsible if the Contest cannot take place or if any Prize cannot be awarded including, but not limited to due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate. A purchase does not increase odds of winning. If, for reasons beyond Sponsor’s control (including, but not limited to, tampering or computer virus infection), the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or modify the Contest, without liability. All taxes (including, but not limited to, income taxes) are the sole responsibility of Winner. All entrants agree to comply fully with each provision in these Official Rules. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest and any person who does not comply with these Official Rules, will be ineligible for any Prize and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
7. Issues of Law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations are applicable. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL EXCLUSIVELY GOVERN THE CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THOSE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. EACH ENTRANT EXPRESSLY WAIVES THE RIGHT TO HAVE ANY SUCH ACTION OR PROCEEDING HEARD BEFORE A JURY.
8. Your Release of Sponsor from Any and All Liability. Each entrant hereby indemnifies and holds Released Parties harmless from and against any claim, damages or liability of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Submission Materials, including, but not limited to any third party claim. Each entrant hereby waives any right to privacy. Each entrant hereby waives any right to inspect or approve uses of the Submission Materials or to be compensated for any such uses. Entrants agree that Released Parties shall not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from: (i) acceptance, possession and/or use or misuse of any Prize, (ii) participation in the Contest, (iii) individual, joint or collective technical malfunctions of the telephone network and/or transmission line, computer on-line system, computer equipment, hardware and/or software, or (iv) any delay or distortion of an entry resulting from data transmissions that are garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, mutilated, delayed, corrupted, mechanically duplicated, illegible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Entrants also agree that Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant's or third person's computer (including, without limitation, any server failure or lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction) directly or indirectly related to or resulting from entrant's participation in the Contest, the Prize(s) or downloading of information in connection with the Contest. Sponsor reserve the right to modify or cancel the Contest in the event that any portion of any website used to administer any aspect of the Contest becomes technically corrupted.
10. How to Get More Information. To obtain the name of the Winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by October 15, 2015 to: Epic Records, 550 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10022, Room 2218, Attention: “Casey Veggies ‘Tied Up’ Remix Contest” Winner’s List. Copies of these Official Rules may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Epic Records, 550 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10022, Room 2218, Attention: “Casey Veggies ‘Tied Up’ Remix Contest” Official Rules. (VT residents may omit return postage). Requests for Official Rules must be received by September 15, 2015.
11. Sponsor. Sponsor is Sony Music Entertainment, 550 Madison Avenue, New York, New York.