It's a year-end tradition unlike any other. Even better than buying presents for everyone on your list without going into credit card debt, even better than hitting the stores on Christmas Eve and finding a spot right next to mall entrance, definitely way better than waking up on January 1st with a hangover, it's the 2015 Best of the Booth Awards.
This year we posted literally thousands of songs from hundreds of artists, and just like we have for years now, we gathered the staff for some intense discussion and debate to determine the best of the best of 2015, the music that truly defined the year, that made an impact that will live past just this past 365 days. It's a difficult job, but we're proud to do it.
We've now announced all of this year's winners. The full list is below.
- Best Indie Hip-Hop Record: Run the Jewels' "Close Your Eyes & Count to Fuck"
- Best R&B/Pop Record: The Weeknd "Can't Feel My Face"
- Best Hip-Hop Record: Drake "Back to Back"
- Best New Artist: Jay IDK
- Best Producer: Metro Boomin
- Best Hip-Hop Album: Kendrick Lamar "To Pimp a Butterfly"
- Best Emcee: Kendrick Lamar
You'll also be able to throw in your own picks and vote in each category to determine the Fan Picks winners, so be sure to hit each page as it goes live and make your voice heard. 2015 had its ups and its downs and its "Hotline Bling"s, but all in all it was a hell of a year for music. Let's celebrate.