According to Kworb, a data collection site that analyzes streaming and digital purchase data from Apple Music, Spotify, YouTube and iTunes, rap artists make up 15 of the 100 most popular artists in the world for the second straight week and leading the pack is Republic Records artist Post Malone (thanks to his new 21 Savage-assisted single "Rockstar").
"Rockstar" is currently No. 1 on iTunes in both the United States and Canada, No. 1 worldwide on Spotify, and No. 1 in 10 countries on Apple Music, including the United States, Australia, and Canada. Meanwhile, Post's current hit single, "Congratulations," is still a top 20 record on Spotify in the U.S. (No. 19) and top 30 on Apple Music (No. 27).
As of 9 a.m. EST on Tuesday, September 19, 2017, here is a complete list of the 15 rap artists (and DJ Khaled), their overall position and the country that they rank highest in:
12. Post Malone (United States)
20. DJ Khaled (Canada)**
28. XXXTENTACION (United States)
31. French Montana (United Kingdom)
36. Drake (Canada)
37. Kendrick Lamar (United States)
38. 21 Savage (United States)
39. Lil Uzi Vert (United States)
44. Logic (United States)
47. Quavo (Canada)
59. Gucci Mane (United States)
60. Big Sean (Italy)
71. Macklemore (Austrailia)
83. Young Thug (United States)
89. Cardi B (United States)
94. Swae Lee (Canada)
**DJ Khaled is not a rapper, but he makes hip-hop music.
A Brief Booth Analysis:
- It's been five months (and a week) since he unleashed his multi-Platinum album DAMN., but Kendrick's latest opus is still going strong. Lead single "HUMBLE." is still a top 20 record on Spotify (No. 14) in the U.S. and Canada, while the album itself remains in the top 30 on iTunes in 10 countries (including the U.S.) and on Apple Music in 59 countries.
- Thanks to his guest appearance on Post Malone's "Rockstar," 21 Savage is sitting comfortably at No. 38, but Post isn't doing all the heavy lifting. The Atlanta native has a hit single in "Bank Account"—top 10 on Spotify in the U.S. (No. 4) and Canada (No. 10)—from his newly-released major label debut, Issa Album, which is a top 30 album on Apple Music in 13 countries (including the U.S. at No. 15).
- It's been a great month for Logic, who recently scored the first top 10 single of his career, with the Khalid and Alessia Cara-assisted "1-800-273-8255." The record is currently in the top 30 on Spotify in 27 countries (No. 2 in the U.S.) and on Apple Music in 51 countries (No. 5 in the U.S.).
- Young Thug's Beautiful Thugger Girls album has long since petered out, but thanks to his guest spot on former Fifth Harmony singer Camila Cabello's new single, "Havana," the Atlanta native might be heading toward the biggest record of his career. Currently, the single is a top 30 record on Spotify in 34 countries and is currently No. 8 worldwide. On Apple Music, it's a top 10 record in 17 countries, including New Zealand and the United Kingdom.