Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Migos and Post Malone continue to dominate on Spotify, accounting for, at least in part, the 10 most-played hip-hop records over the past seven days.
Before we take a look at the list, a few friendly observations:
- Nine of the 10 songs on this list appeared on last week's list (Offset's "Ric Flair Drip" replaced Migos' "Narcos").
- Drake's "God's Plan" jumped 52 million streams in seven days, the biggest seven-day increase of any song on this list. Cash Money might have bankrolled Drake's charitable "God's Plan" video but had he footed the bill himself, Drake would be halfway to paying himself back in streaming revenue alone.
- In addition to netting almost 44 million streams over the past 41 days, Jay Rock's "King's Dead" single has also helped the TDE veteran gain over 8 million new monthly listeners. On January 4, Rock had less than 1 million monthly listeners on Spotify. Seven weeks later, he just crossed the 9 million mark.
The List (all-time streams):
- Drake "God's Plan" (242M)
- Kendrick Lamar "All The Stars" (with SZA) (128M)
- BlocBoy JB "Look Alive" (ft. Drake) (33.8M)
- Migos "Stir Fry" (83.4M)
- The Weeknd "Pray For Me" (with Kendrick Lamar) (61.3M)
- Jay Rock "King's Dead" (ft. Kendrick Lamar, Future & James Blake) (43.6M)
- Post Malone "rockstar" (ft. 21 Savage) (804M)
- Post Malone "I Fall Apart" (378M)
- Offset "Ric Flair Drip" (with Metro Boomin) (159M)
- Schoolboy Q - "X" (with 2 Chainz, Kendrick Lamar & Saudi) (20.5M)