Welcome to another episode of the "
" podcast. I'm not saying you have to listen, I'm just saying don't be surprised if you get to heaven and discover god is a huge fan.
This week, I basically dump a bunch of rage and stress on your earholes. So if that seems like the type of thing you'd be interested in, stick around. Also, I bring on the two-and-only Open Mike Eagle to talk about the similarities between comedy and hip-hop...and also poop.
Discussed This Week
* As always, shouts to Tino for that dope theme song. You should
on the podcast.
* I'm moving and stressed the fuck out and I dump some of that stress on y'all because you're welcome.
* Who wants the audio version of me
? You do? Then you're in luck.
* I bring on
Freddie Gibbs, Saweetie & Earl Sweatshirt: Best of the Week
Freddie Gibbs, Saweetie, and Earl Sweatshirt, among others, had the best new songs on Audiomack this week.
Open Mike Eagle
to talk about the overlaps between comedy and hip-hop, the genius
, Dr. Dre's overwhelming presence in L.A. hip-hop, poop, fatherhood and much more.
* A hearty thank you to Mike for coming on. You should follow him
and check out
on Bandcamp and various other digital outlets and what not.
* This week's closing song, Open Mike Eagle's "Qualifiers", which also has
Oh, and you should definitely
, unless you suck, then don't.
[Nathan S. is the managing editor of The DJBooth and a hip-hop writer. He also occasionally talks in podcast form and appears on RevoltTV. His beard is awesome.