Welcome back to yet another edition of the "This Week in Hype" podcast. How are you doing? I'm wonderful. That reminds me - I need to tell y'all the story of the time Mike Tyson told me to be wonderful. Anyway....
This week, I bring in Vice/Noisey music writer and editor Drew Millard for some hardcore music journalism talk. By which I mean, I don't know. We talk about music journalism and also vodka and names and how to get paid writing and some other shit. Good times.
Discussed This Week:
* As always, shouts to Tino for that dope theme song. You should follow Tino and hear Tino’s story in full on the podcast.
* This week's sponsor...a company I'm starting called Rapper Parole Bodyguards. Trust me, it's an awesome idea.
* I devote most of the episode to Vice/Noisey's Drew Millard, who I met at an A3C panel and is a good human being. I'm not going to lie, this one's for me. There are only so many people in the world who can talk about what life is like for a music journalist, and he's one of them.
* You should definitely follow Drew on Twitter, read his new piece on the "Monster Mash," and just generally fucks with his work.
* This week's closing track, Run the Jewels' "All My Life" because Killer Mike is very good at that rapping thing.
* Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and only all the good things in the world will happen to you ever.
[Nathan S. is the managing editor of The DJBooth and a hip-hop writer. He also occasionally talks in podcast form and appears on RevoltTV. His beard is awesome. This is his Twitter.]