Can you believe it? How could you be so lucky? What could you have possibly done to deserve another "This Week in Hype" podcast? Blessings on blessings on blessings.
This week, I try to convince a whiskey company to send me free booze, get excited for the return of Kanye West making good music (pun intended), talk to Fashawn about how Nas inspired him to keep rapping and much more.
Discussed This Week:
- As always, shouts to Tino for that dope theme song. You should follow Tino and hear Tino’s story in full on the podcast.
- Thanks to Papi Van Winkle whiskey for not sponsoring the podcast....yet.
- Oh shit, Kanye West back! I talk about being right about Yeezus, how much more interesting hip-hop is with Yeezy in it, how stoked I am for hip-hop in 2015 and much more.
- I bring on Fashawn to talk about his new album The Ecology, how close he's come to retiring from rap, what it's like to record with Nas and Busta Rhymes, being a dad and much more. That man's a hip-hop artist, you should follow him and check out TheEcology.
- This week's closing song, Fashawn's "Higher."
- The podcast is also on iTunes, SoundCloud, Podomatic, Audiomack and now, Stitcher! So yeah, it's kind of a big deal.
[Nathan S. is the managing editor of The DJBooth and a hip-hop writer. He also occasionally talks in podcast form and appears on RevoltTV. His beard is awesome. This is his Twitter.]