I won't lie, it's been a crazy week in Berkeley. The first half of the week armored trucks were arresting protesters outside my house, the second half we got hit with a storm and I lost power. But I STILL DELIVERED THE "This Week in Hype" PODCAST BECAUSE I LOVE YOU.
With the storm bearing down on el case de Slavik, I bring on the homie DJ T-GUT to talk about my favorite subject, me, and tell some crazy interview stories. Plus, we end with some good ol' fashioned J. Cole vs. Kendrick Lamar debating.
Discussed This Week:
* As always, shouts to Tino for that dope theme song. You should follow Tino and hear Tino’s story in full on the podcast.
* I use the last ten minutes of my computer battery to record an emergency intro to this podcast because I love y'all.
* We flip the usual script and Taylor (aka DJ T-GUT) interviews me about interviewing, and along the way I talk about that time 2 Pistols wanted to kill me and crashing and burning during a Pusha T interview.
* And then, because it's kind of what I do, I hijack the interview and mostly end up talking to T-GUT about why Kendrick Lamar is still better than J. Cole, despite the brilliance of Cole's new 2014 Forest Hills Drive album.
* This week's closing track, J. Cole's new "Tale of Two Citiez."
* Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and only all the good things in the world will happen to you ever.
[Nathan S. is the managing editor of The DJBooth and a hip-hop writer. He also occasionally talks in podcast form and appears on RevoltTV. His beard is awesome. This is his Twitter.]