And lo, Moses came down from the mountain carrying commandments of stone, and the people did say "What the fuck is this Moses?" And so he traveled back to the mountaintop and once again returned carrying the "This Week in Hype" podcast, and there was much rejoicing throughout the land.
Strap in (pause?) because this week you're just getting a whole lot of me telling stories about the times I've crossed over from my keyboard to the actual music industry and along the way worked with everyone from Earth, Wind & Fire to Tech N9ne.
Discussed This Week:
* As always, shouts to Tino for that dope theme song. You should follow Tino and hear Tino’s story in full on the podcast.
* That time I ended up in the studio with Earth, Wind & Fire and thought my life was going to change but yeah, that shit didn't really work out, so instead I just learned some valuable lessons about the music industry the hard way.
* Witnessing all the bullshit power moves major labels use to try to intimidate and manipulate artists.
* The .0001% role I played in the creation of Tech N9ne's "So Dope" single, which is also, of course, this week's closing track. Damn Nathan, stunt on them haters.
* The podcast is also on iTunes, SoundCloud, Podomatic, Audiomack and now, Stitcher! So yeah, come fucks with your boy on many levels.
[Nathan S. is the managing editor of The DJBooth and a hip-hop writer. He also occasionally talks in podcast form and appears on RevoltTV. His beard is awesome. This is his Twitter.]