That's right, it's another edition of the "This Week in Hype" podcast. You'd think I would have been struck down by a lightning bolt from God by now, but nope, still going strong. I can only assume Sweet Baby Jesus is a fan.
This week, I talk about how Munchos are the superior potato chip, tell everyone who thinks I'm a terrible writer on Reddit to go fuck themselves, and bring on TJ Mizell to talk about carrying on his father's legacy and the future of DJing.
Discussed This Week:
Freddie Gibbs, Saweetie & Earl Sweatshirt: Best of the Week
Freddie Gibbs, Saweetie, and Earl Sweatshirt, among others, had the best new songs on Audiomack this week.
* As always, shouts to Tino for that dope theme song. You should follow Tino and hear his story in full on the podcast.
* This week, I don't even bother to come up with a fake commercial and just talk about how amazing Munchos are. Get up on game.
* The article I wrote about mindie artists kind of blew up on Reddit, and while the response was largely positive, several people wrote disparaging things about ya boy. A very special fuck you to them.
* I bring on TJ Mizell, the son of Jam Master Jay, to talk about growing up with and carrying on his father's legacy, why his dad never taught him to DJ, meeting ASAP Ferg, playing Made in America in front of thousands and much more.
* TJ is a good human being and a dope DJ. You should follow him @TJMIZELL, and watch some of his dope DJ videos.
* This week's closing track, "Mashing" by BEATKING and Gangsta Boo, because bangers.
* Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and only all the good things in the world will happen to you ever.
[Nathan S. is the managing editor of The DJBooth and a hip-hop writer. He also occasionally talks in podcast form and appears on RevoltTV. His beard is awesome.