It's Friday, which means it's time to ignore that job you only barely care about the other four days of the week and devote yourself entirely to the "This Week in Hype" podcast. You're welcome.
This week, I get a little more personal and talk about my fears around losing my hearing. Also, I bring on Will F. to talk about his new documentary, Divided Time, hip-hop fatherhood, and the portrayal of dads in the media.
Discussed This Week:
* As always, shouts to Tino for that dope theme song. You should follow Tino and hear Tino’s story in full on the podcast.
* Win some free shit! And shout out to last week's winner Brett L. He's a fantastic human being.
* I'm starting to lose my hearing. Or maybe I'm not and I'm just imagining it. Or maybe I'm a moron who spent years thinking ear plugs are for pussies and now I'm paying the price. I'm kind of freaking out about it.
* I bring on Will F. to talk about the joy of filming me drinking with rappers, the inspiration behind his Divided Time film, men struggling to balance their art and their families, the dreaded "Mr. Mom" label and much more.
* You should follow Will here, check out Divided Time at A3C, and just generally fuck with him if you enjoy watching things that matter.
* This week's closing track, Black Milk's absolutely outstanding "Gold Piece".
* Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and you'll achieve instant immortality.
[Nathan S. is the managing editor of The DJBooth and a hip-hop writer. He also occasionally talks in podcast form and appears on RevoltTV. His beard is awesome. This is his Twitter.]