What could possibly be better than a "This Week in Hype" podcast? I mean, millions of dollars, sure, sex, yes. Maybe even a decent back rub...a Pop Tart straight out the toaster...a decent episode of The Simpsons. But other than that, what?
This week, I figure out how to test whether you're really friends with a rapper and then devote the episode to my talk with Wrekonize, who's just straight up one of the most interesting and talented people in hip-hop.
Discussed This Week:
- As always, shouts to Tino for that dope theme song. You should follow Tino and hear Tino’s story in full on the podcast.
- Are you actually friends with a rapper? Take my brand new couch move test and find out.
- I've been trying to get Wrekonize on the podcast for a minute and I finally made it happen. This week the entire episode is dedicated to learning about the man's battle rap beginnings, the lessons he learned when his first album was never released, how he became a part of ¡MAYDAY!, the blessings and curses of being in a band and much more.
- Wrekonize is a good dude, I think I really would move a couch for him. You can follow him @Wrekonize and check out the Mursday album here.
- This week's closing song, ¡MAYDAY! x MURS' "Here."
- The podcast is also on iTunes, SoundCloud, Podomatic, Audiomack and now, Stitcher! So yeah, it's kind of a big deal.
[Nathan S. is the managing editor of The DJBooth and a hip-hop writer. He also occasionally talks in podcast form and appears on RevoltTV. His beard is awesome. This is his Twitter.]