Holy...sweet...baby...jesus. I just spent ANOTHER year doing the "This Week in Hype" podcast. When I started this I didn't know if I'd make it to week two, and here we are, racking up entire years of awesome. How fucking cool is that? Seriously.
For the last podcast of 2014, I had to bring in regular guest Justin Hunte, the HipHopDX editor-in-chief, to go over the year that was in hip-hop and beyond. Along the way we talk Iggy, Kanye and why we're so excited for 2015.
Discussed This Week:
* As always, shouts to Tino for that dope theme song. You should follow Tino and hear Tino’s story in full on the podcast.
* This will be the last podcast of 2014 people. Sorry, but I need some time over the holidays to, you know, be with this child I appear to have because she keeps living in my house and calling me dad. Never fear though, I'll be back in January.
* I bring on HipHopDX head honcho Justin Hunte (aka @thecompanyman) to do some end of the year ramblings. Along the way we talk about Iggy, the 2013 albums that ended up not mattering, why we think 2014 was actually a great year for hip-hop and much more.
* This week's year's closing track, Mayday's "Here."
* Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and only all the good things in the world will happen to you ever.
[Nathan S. is the managing editor of The DJBooth and a hip-hop writer. He also occasionally talks in podcast form and appears on RevoltTV. His beard is awesome. This is his Twitter.]