The Denon DJ Prime 4 has been on the market for a little over a year now, and we finally have one in the lab for the full out review treatment. The Denon DJ Prime 4 is the very first (and only) 4-channel stand-alone DJ system that doesn't require a computer to playback your music files. The Prime 4 is a Mobile DJ's best friend as it has many inputs and outputs for all kinds of connection possibilities.
The Prime 4 has a full color touch screen display with gesture controls that shows all of the information that DJ's need to play a serious set. The Prime 4 has different connectivity options, including 4 USB ports, an SD slot, and a compartment on the bottom of the unit for connecting internal computer hard drives.
The Denon DJ Prime 4 is also a true stand-alone four-channel mixer that is also Serato DJ Pro compatible in case some DJ's still want to use a computer for playback. The Prime 4 has the new ZONE output that lets DJs play music on a playlist to a different set of speakers that may be in a separate room.
- Great build quality (metal over plastic)
- All in one standalone four-channel DJ System
- Full four-channel mixer with many inputs/outputs + ZONE output + 2 mic inputs
- Serato DJ & Serato DJ DVS Compatible (with club kit)
- Beautiful hi-res screen with gesture controls
- On-board sweep and beat effects with digital display
- 4-USB ports, SD Card slot, & hard drive compartment for music library management
- Jog wheels are too tight/stiff
- Gigantic size (Hard to fit in booths or smaller spaces)
- Denon Engine Management system not as advanced as Rekordbox/Serato/iTunes