The moment you've all been waiting for... Ableton Live 10 is here! Below you will find a highlight video and Ableton's official press release.
Stay tuned for our in-depth review, coming soon.
Press Release: Ableton Live 10 is now available at Ableton.com and at local retailers worldwide. The new Live delivers four bold new devices, workflow refinements and a re-designed sound library. Live 10 also brings new functionality and high-res visualizations to Push. Plus, Max technology is now fully integrated into Live 10 Suite for faster, more stable performance.
Some of the new features in Live 10 include:
New instruments and effects
- Wavetable is Ableton’s latest synth—immediately playable with a vast sonic palette.
- Echo produces delay sounds from classic textures to soundscapes, wailing feedback and experimental atmospheres.
- Drum Buss is a one-stop workstation for drums, capable of adding subtle character or completely bending and breaking drums.
- Pedal brings the character of analog stomp boxes to Live with separate circuit-level models of overdrive, distortion and fuzz guitar pedals.
- Capture recalls an idea after it has been played and turns it into a MIDI clip with groove and feel intact.
- Multiple MIDI clip editing allows users to see the content of two or more clips in one detail view.
- Groups within groups allow for greater flexibility when mixing and improves Set organization even with lots of tracks and a detailed arrangement.
- A multitude of refinements including improvements to Arrangement View workflows, Browser Collections, I/O renaming, note chasing, and much more.
New library of sound
- Curated Collections capture the musical threads that tie together evolving styles and scenes.
- Four all-new Essential Instruments include synths, and multi-sampled electric keys and drums.
- Live 10’s Core Library gets a sonic upgrade with richer, more detailed sounds.
Improvements to Push
- A new step sequencing layout allows simultaneous note sequencing and real time playing.
- MIDI note view allows navigation and refinement of the notes in a pattern in context directly on the Push display.
- Richer visualization with more feedback of key Live devices including Wavetable, Echo, EQ Eight and Compressor.
- Workflow improvements to layouts, building and extending patterns, track arming and more.
Max for Live
- Deeper integration with Live 10 Suite means devices now load faster, use less CPU and feel more like Live’s native devices.
- Sonically upgraded Drum Synths, improved modulation and mapping Devices and more.
- Multi-channel audio routing means mixing using multi-channel speaker setups is now possible.
- Max for Live devices can send and receive SysEx, allowing deeper access to external gear.
Lookout for the official DJBooth review, coming soon.