Two computers, two USB ports, four decks and a range of effects.
Introducing the first professional DJ mixer with two USB 2.0 High Speed ports with support for real-time connection of two computers. Two DJs can work in parallel and/or seamlessly transition from one DJ to another.
* • Two independent USB 2.0 High Speed ports, each supporting twenty-two, 32-bit floating-point audio channels at 48 kHz.
* • Real-time support for two computers.
* • Support for 2, 3 or 4 Virtual Decks on one or two computers.
* • Direct control of over 30 Scratch Live Library, Cue and Loop functions.
* • Unique FlexFx bus:
o Process a sub-mix of up to six audio channels.
o Six internal effects with seamless on-beat switching between effects.
o External analog insert support for legacy hardware effects.
o USB insert support for computer-based effects.
* • Four full-featured input channels:
o Four stereo Phono/CD inputs of Line, Phono or S/PDIF.
o Four stereo auxiliary inputs.
o Four stereo USB playback options.
* • Two mic inputs: one with phantom power and one with line-level.
* • 3-band full-cut EQ, plus new High-pass / Low-pass Filter.
* • Flexible USB recording options, record from any PGM or output.
* • Internal universal switching power supply (100-230 VAC)
* • Unit size: 14.3"H x 12"W x 4"D (36.4 cm x 30.5 cm x 10.2 cm)
* • Weight: 11.3 lb (5.2 kg)
* • Shipping Size: 7.75"H x 12.75"W x 19.25"D (19.7 cm x 32.5 cm x 49 cm)
* • Weight: 12 lb (5.5 kg)
SIXTY-EIGHT Scratch Live 2.0 Features
• Support for two DJs at once.
DJ handover is easy with two USB ports. Easily switch between two laptops without interrupting the music. e.g., DJ A can be playing out channels 1 and 2, and then hand off those channels one at a time to DJ B.
Two DJs can perform in parallel on the same mixer: Two DJs connect, configure which channels they output in software, and then DJ side by-side off the same mixer. eg., DJ A can play out channels 1 and 2, and DJ B can play out channels 3 and 4 at the same time.
• Control of Scratch Live from the hardware control strips.
A plug-and-play preset is included which performs standard functions (Library Navigation, Cues, Loops).
Customizable presets for advanced users who will be able to switch groups, so the control strips become open-assignable like a MIDI controller, allowing custom functions and mapping.
• Record your separate PGM inputs, FlexFX USB Send, Aux Inputs or Main Mix: all possible record sources.
• SP-6 Sample player output assign to mixer channels.
Additional output options are added to the SP-6 Sample Player, allowing a user to choose channels 1-4 or the FlexFX Return as the output. This allows three decks coming out of channels 1-3 and having the SP-6 coming out of channel 4.
• Control and insertion of Software FX using the FlexFX USB Insert.
• Record your mix to disk with pre-fader audio and fader automation recorded.
This option allows a user to record not only audio, but fader automation. This can then be imported into a DAW for editing.
The SIXTY-EIGHT easily connects up to four turntables or CD players, with four additional Aux inputs for samplers or instruments, and four more USB playback channels. MIDI controllers can be added with their functions mapped to Scratch Live.
Control Vinyl Spares
black recordContinuous control signal on vinyl allows smooth accurate scratching. Scratch Live has the lowest latency vinyl emulation system on the market. It has advanced vinyl groove and stylus modeling algorithm for a sound indistinguishable from the real thing.
Innovative positioning system allows fast and accurate needle dropping. The record has thin marks every minute, and a thicker mark every 5 minutes (played at 33 RPM). These marks assist you when using needle dropping to move through the track.
The Vinyl Scroll track allows you use your turntable or CD to scroll through your crate and pick the next song without touching your laptop.
Side A: 10 minutes plus Vinyl Scroll track. Side B: 15 minutes.
Two copies of black vinyl are included with the SIXTY-EIGHT, but we all know vinyl wears out with use. US customers can purchase new second edition vinyl from your dealer or at the Rane Online Store. Customers in other countries please contact your distributor.
Control CD Download
CDTwo 15-minute control CDs are included with the SIXTY-EIGHT. US customers can purchase a pair of new control CDs from your dealer, or at the Rane Online Store. People in other countries should ask their distributor.
You can burn your own control CD if you have a burner and the right software after downloading the big control file (132MB). Scratchlivecontrol.zip requires an unzip utility to open, and includes two files. Scratchlivecontrol.wav is a stereo 44.1 file that you can drop into any burner application -- however, the track select portion at the end of the audio file reqires a special start time on a second track to function correctly. If you have Sony CD Architect™, you can load the scratchlivecontrol.cdp file and it will incorporate the correct second track timing. When using any other application, do not adjust the levels, make sure no auto-levelling is turned on, don't downsample or try another format, or the control signal won't function.