My colleagues and I can vaguely remember back in the day when we were DJ-ing at house parties, clubs, and bars; while a drunk person would wander up to the DJ booth and start insanely requesting songs or try to get some DJ love at the WRONG TIME! Luckily, for today's performers there is a new communication tool that allows DJ's to interact with their party-goers by using text messaging on the new Text4DJs service! It's simple really...All the DJ has to do is sign up for the service and that DJ will be able to get an alias to be used on a short code for all text communications. All of the patrons will be able to request songs or give shout-outs simply by text-ing the short code plus the DJ alias which will allow them to send their message.
Info from the Site:
DJs can take song requests and shout-outs via text message while DJing and interact with the crowd!
Build a mobile subscriber list for event attendees and send text message updates about events and promotions.
Simply choose the exclusive alias you would like to use (i.e. DJSPIN) and patrons in the crowd can text message DJSPIN to 30300 initiate a song request/shout-out and subscribe to your mobile list.
Sign up today starting at $24.95 per month!
Why use Text Messaging for DJs?
* You get your exclusive Alias (i.e. DJSPIN) on the 30300 short code - stop giving out your cell phone!
* Interact with the crowd - patrons can request a song/shout-out simply by texting your Alias to 30300
* Receive requests from the crowd via email and/or text message and reply instantly
* Send text mesage updates to mobile subscribers about your upcoming events
* Bar, club and venue owners love the technology for Contests, VIP entry text messages, etc.
Mobilize your DJ experience and interact with the crowd using Text4DJs!
No contract or committment. DJs across the country love this service!
To sign up or get more information go to: http://www.textaway.com/text4djs-djb