Choosing Turntable Cartridges
If you bought turntables chances are your going to have to buy cartridges for them. Cartridges cost anywhere from $20-$100 and replacement needles for them cost a little less than half of what the cartridge costs. If you do a lot of scratching your going to want a cartridge which has good scratch resistance and a low tracking force (so you don't ruin your records). Club and dance DJs would most likely prefer a cartridge with good sound quality. In addition to normal cartridges that mount on the turntable headshell, there are also concord-style cartridges which screw directly into the tone arm. Concord-style cartridges are mostly used by dance DJs.
- Stanton 520 SK DJ Cartridge - $50
- Shure M44G DJ Cartridge for Scratching and Mixing - $65
- Shure M44-7 Competition DJ Cartridge - $75
CEO Trayle, Ivorian Doll & brakence: Best of the Week
CEO Trayle, Ivorian Doll, and brakence, among others, had the best new songs on Audiomack this week.
- Stanton 680HP DJ Cartridge - $70
- Stanton Trackmaster II SK DJ Cartridge - $99
- Ortofon Concorde Pro Spherical Cartridge - $110