When he's not turning in his Two Weeks Notice, Paris-born and Queens-raised emcee Bas is busy releasing his major label release of his debut, Last Winter.
The first artist signed to J. Cole's Dreamville Records, who signed an exclusive label with Interscope Records earlier this year, Bas aims to keep his career fuse "Lit" at all times.
According to the artist, Last Winter is "a conceptual project about hoping to break away from tough times." An audible example can be found in the form of pre-release buzz record, "Charles de Gaulle To JFK," a record that highlights the stark difference between figuratively sitting in coach and enjoying the amenities of first class.
Guests on the album are limited to label boss Cole, Irvin Washington, KQuick and Mack Wilds, while production credits belong to Cedric Brown, GP808, Hottrak, Jay Kurzweil, Ogee Handz and more. Ron Gilmore served as the Executive Producer.
Written by DJ Z on Apr 29, 2014
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.